Tuesday, August 25, 2009

08-25-2009 On the thumb

Well, it was only a matter of time before it happened....Parker found his thumb. Yesterday, one day short of 9 weeks old, he realized that he could self soothe. I have been really anti pacifier, only gave one to him about twice and it was only at night when I was starting to cry myself because he wouldn't fall asleep without being attached to me. I just hated to think that he would be walking and talking and still have one of those silly pieces of plastic in his mouth! But now I am not so sure that the thumb is a better option! Hopefully it will not become a constant thing. Oh well, I guess it is what it is.
On the otherhand, he is really starting to develop a personality. He is babbling away, and I swear he says 'good' already. (Thanks to Grandma Debbie, who started that) and he smiles and smiles throughout the day, and is starting to giggle a bit too. He has also learned to stick out his tongue...(I started that)...he does it right after you do! So funny!

We have been doing daily walks on the beach (Mon, Weds, Fri, and sometimes more) and he loves being in my wrap carriers. He is however starting to want to see the world more, so I need to learn some more ties for that. But, his head/neck control is still not ready for them yet. He has been holding his head up for short periods of time since birth though, believe it or not!

Daddy is going to Michigan on Weds until Sun, so Parker and I will be missing him for sure! :(
Those of you here in town...call us up! We need to get out of the house!


Well, enough baby gab for now.
Giving you 'the finger'

No comments:

Post a Comment