Tuesday, August 4, 2009

8-04-2009 First Post

So, I figured I really should start a blog so we can keep everyone up to date on what's going on with us...okay..well, I mean mostly for updates on Parker!

Parker Jacob Patow was born on Tues. June 23, 2009 at 1:23pm at Beaches Baptist Hospital in Jacksonville Beach, FL . He weighed 7lbs 9oz and was perfect. I was in labor for only 5 hours! I had him with no pain medication, and I had a great experience and was glad to see that he and I were both fully alert because of it.

Parker is 6 weeks old today.

He is starting to give us little smiles and make cute little noises. He is really attached to his mama right now. He likes to be held constantly and sleep on me as much as he is permitted to do so. He was born with a full head of hair, but lost a bit on top of his head which reminds me of a balding old man! Haha He has already grown out of his newborn clothes and is getting quite heavy! He doesn't have another check up and weigh in until Sept, but I would guess he is at least 12 lbs by now! Not bad for a breastfed baby!! He loves getting a bath and taking walks on the beach in his carrier. He is a pretty good sleeper, sleeping around 9-12 hours at night, waking about every four hours to eat and going right back to sleep. He naps pretty frequently throughout the day, but because I take him alot of places, he isn't so consistant.

I am LOVING cloth diapering and they are so cute! I am using BumGenuis mostly, but I have some FuzziBunz and some others as well. If you are not familiar with them, they are very similar to a disposable and are pretty easy to use. Plus, they come in all kinds of colors and some have cute patterns! I have also made my own wipes...because if you are washing the dipe, you might as well throw in the wipe! I use a solution mixed with lavender and tea tree oil...it smells so good!

Well, enough gabbing for now. Here are some pictures!



































No comments:

Post a Comment